Showing the world my style :)

1 July 2014

DIY Summer Crop Tops

Hello everyone,
I'm so sorry I haven't been on in ages, we have had a school production and there has been no time for anything else, honestly we didn't have lessons or anything; bit silly to be honest. I promise you I am going to blog a lot more, at least twice a week. So please accept my apology :)
Anyways, today's post is diy no sew crop top - perfect for summer and festival season.
All you need for this fashion project is a pair of scissors and any outdated top that needs a makeover.
This is actually a old pyjama top, but doesn't fit around the sleeves and is generally uncomfortable.
The first thing a did was cut off the sleeves to create a muscle tank tee kind of thing, you can just keep a top like this if you have a really pretty printed long sleeved top that you know won't fit next.  autmn/winter.

The next step is to turn the top inside out and draw a line where you want your top to be cropped. My line was straight, drawn with a ruler, but you can make your's wavy depending on the kind of look you're going for.

After cutting along the line with fabric scissors you end up with something like this, this top can go with so many outfits and I'm super excited to wear it.
I just wanted to show you this top I cropped. I absolutely love it, bang on trend with the festival season in full flow, it is pure perfection. I made this by taking a normal tee, decided how cropped I wanted it to be and started cutting vertically upwards in small strips all the way around the t-shirt until I was done! A tip for this is to pull on the stringy parts to kind of roll them over so you can't see any messy cutting.
I hope you enjoyed this post and I will see you again soon,
Bella x





No comments:

Post a Comment